Monday, 20 July 2015

Savage Beauty at the V&A

Hey Guys!

Being an art student means my tutors heavily 'encourage' me to go to a gazillion artsy exhibitions every term. At best I go to one a term, I just don't find the thought of them very gripping...Oops #RealTalk. Once I get there they are actually pretty cool and inspiring for my work, it's just getting me there, urgh. The most recent excursion my housemates and I ventured on was to the V&A to see the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition. Not gonna lie, it was totes amazeballs! Each room had a different theme and collection in and it was a chronological display of his work from Uni to his final Plato's Atlantis collection. Fun Fact: I studied his final collection at GCSE so it was pretty darn cool to in see all in real life. I mean, those shoes! R U 4 Realz?! My favourite room was the wooden-walled room with tartan pieces down the left and wonderful red + white looks on the right. I cannot get over the gorgeous golden head chains with red rubies hanging from them, which I think were inspired by a certain tradition of India. Nifty, hey?

Sadly you weren't allowed to take photos inside, so you'll have to Google that bit. But I looked to be a delightful addition to the collections in my cute outfit! HeHe! This was during the day before my Student Ambassador Awards at Uni. I could have planned my look so that my hair or make-up was already snazzed up for the evening. But I didn't. I rolled my hair up in two doughnut bunches and kept my make up super simple with a little red lippy. I'd basically done the least work on my face so it was a mega rush when preparing for the evening shindig! Initially I'd worn leggings under my dress, but tbh I was melting in them a teenie bit. I think the speckled grey swing dress looks much nicer with bare legs. Far more summery! 






Oodles and Toodles
Row Bow
x

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! and your style. Followed your blog on join my site would love a follow in return. Check out my magazine blog. You have a fun vintage sense of style :) http://bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! That's interesting, I never thought of myself having a 'vintage style'.

      Row Bow
      x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading and replying to comments. Don't forget to check back later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...