Thursday, 11 June 2015

The SPA Awards 2015

Hey Guys!

During the first day of the #SPANC15 we were entertained with many industry speakers giving insightful talks covering the ins and outs of student publications. But what my team and I were all waiting for was the glitzy awards ceremony in the evening! I really struggled when choosing an outfit but I finally settled on my navy, leopard print collard dress. Only to be told when we got there that they were setting up a themes Speakeasy! The outfit I'd chosen didn't quite have that 1920s feel...So I scraped my hair back and twisted some parts and attacked my eyes with some smoky eye-shadow tones in the hope it looked like I'd put some effort into the theme. Turns out nobody went for a 1920s look, there were just some creepy figures as you entered the room. Oh Well! I think we all look pretty cute in the end!


The Pow! Mag ladies looking laaavley!



I teamed my dress with black leggings giving more of a Sixties vibe over the Twenties. This was mainly because I didn't want bare legs, but I slip straight out of my heels if I'm wearing tights and there's no strap to hold my little tootsies in! Initially, I was going to wear my hair with a small bouffant and tie it back into a pony tail. However, I think my attempt at 1920-esque hair works well because it show soft my flashy ear cuff, which I am TOTALLY in love with.   





When nominations for the awards opened, we'd only designed the first couple of pages of our first ever issue. Despite this we still made the Shortlist for Best Designed Student Publication! I'm not gonna lie, our mag is definitely the most fun and creatively designed. But of course, I am a gracious winner so I clapped along with everyone else when they announced the winner. Albeit smiling through gritted teeth...HeHe!

Oodles and Toodles
Row Bow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love reading and replying to comments. Don't forget to check back later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...