Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Top Tunes Tuesday 18th September!

Hey Guys!

I'm not going to be able to post as regularly at the mo, because I just started my new course and my days are literally 7am-7pm. I'm knackered by the end of it. Hopefully in a few weeks it will all calm down and my timetable will be reduced. But for now here are some top tunes:

1. Cher Lloyd- Oath
I love this new singles from Cher Lloyd, I think it's from her Sticks and Stones release in the US. The subtle guitar bits sound quite old school. The verses are really quirky and have ideas that everybody can reminisce about and relate to. The chorus is a li'l emotions for me, with everybody buggering off to Uni atm. Although it is really catch and quite happy mentioning her "Oath to you" too.
Fave Bit: "You are my tuxedo, and I'm your bow tie"

2. Misha B- Do You Think Of Me?
This 2nd single from Misha B shows a softer side to her compared to the slightly cocky (but still very catchy) Home Run. I'm pleasantly surprised because I thought it would be a slow ballady tune all the way through, but when the dancey beats kick in we're all on our feet! This song is apparently dedicated to her mother, but she has managed to work the lyrics to apply to a range of cases that everybody can relate to.
Fave Bit: "One heart, One love, One Way..."

3. Flo Rida- I Cry
I'd not heard this until it charted the other week and now I'm digging it. Although it samples the recent Bingo Players'- Cry (Just a Little) -which itself samples another song- I rather like it purely because it's super catchy! I'm thinking maybe Flo should steer clear of the modern samples and focus on a few more original song because Wild Ones was soo good!
Fave Bit: The whole chorus- he's made it so easy because we already know all the words!

4. Matt Cardle- It's Only Love
Yay, Matt's back! I don't really know where he went, but I know it wasn't back to Simon Cowell's label! This will be featured on his new album The Fire under So Records. I'm quite excited for his new album because I think that it will be a better collection of good old Matt sounding songs. Don't get me wrong Run For Your Life was totes amaze but Starlight was waaay better. 28th October release date.
Fave Bit: "Did you think it would...?"

5. Christina Aguilera- Your Body
To me, Christina's new release sounds just like her older, classic tunes but brought up to date with a more modern rhythm and beat. From the sneaky-peek of her music video, she's sporting some pretty funky hair and shopping in her local convenience store. Whatever floats your boat!
Fave Bit: Her add-libbing at the end brings back the old days.

Easy listening!
Oodles and Toodles
Row Bow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love reading and replying to comments. Don't forget to check back later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...